This bedroom is on the first floor of the Firefighters Survive Alive! Village. The safety topics discussed and practiced in this room are: planning an escape route, crawling to escape the smoke, feeling the door before exiting, and how to exit out of a window if necessary.
Lessons that are learned through discussion and demostration while visiting the Firefighters Survive Alive! First Floor Bedroom
- Falling and Crawling under smoke
- Two ways out and how to check the door with the back of your hand
- Peeping out to check for smoke if the door is not hot
- Keeping the door closed if it is hot and using the window including removing the screen to exit
- How to draw attention to yourself if your have to wait for a firefighter to come in to get you and your family