The kitchen in the Survive Alive Village is filled with real appliances that are used to show safety hazards. Simulated red lighting highlights potential dangers in the kitchen. Various items included in the kitchen help the Educators show furnace room safety, electrical hazards, poisons, household chemicals and microwave safety.
Lessons that are learned through discussion and demostration while visiting the Firefighters Survive Alive! Kitchen
- Safe storage of poisons and other household cleaners
- Bathroom safety including: scaldings, trip and fall hazards, and using appliances around water
- Safety around major appliances
- Safe microwave use and other safe cooking practices
- Safety tips for utility closests